Thursday, August 12, 2010

Red Wine Lamb Chops with Cheesy Bread and Yoghurt Dip and Salad

I wasn't able to eat meat lately, but Graeme loves the lamb mid loin chops..... Luke's starting to eat lamb and the chops are his favourite part of the lamb.  Monique... hmm... she eats some normally.


But as always, I couldn't decide what to do until the last minute.  Life of a home cook is always like openning up a mistery box... That's the view shared by most forumists on the Masterchef Forums.   We use what we can, and we adapt the recipes as we go...  After all, I do have a budget to keep and we have to cook with what we've got.


I did have the intention to make pita bread again, but somehow, I changed my mind, so it end up with normal cheesy buns... Sourdough of course.


This is what I did with the chops:

Red Wine Chops:
6 Lamb mid loin chops.
1/3 cup of red wine
Chopped fine mint
Mixed Dry Herbs
Cracked Black Pepper
Pitch of salt
1.5 tbsp of golden syrup
Half of lemon


Yoghurt Dip:
1/3 cup Greek Yoghurt
1 cloves of garlic, minced
1/4 of lemon
½ tsp salt


Simple Salad:
1 Lebanese Cucumber, de-seeded and diced.
2 Roma tomatos, diced.
A few sprigs of coriander and spring onion.
¼ lemon juice
Cracked pepper and 1.5 tbsp olive oil


Marinate lamb chops in red wine, mint, dry herbs, salt, golden syrup and lemon juice for 1-2 hours (I must say I do miss warmer weather when my herbs are growing and I don't have to use dry herbs all the time, at this moment, there's only corriander and spring onion in the garden, very few others like winter.  Must get a small green house?)
.
Grill on griller pan till meat is pink in the middle, keep the charcoal marks, look pretty like that.


Mix yoghurt (drain water as much as you can) and lemon juice and mix with salt and garlic.


Mix salad and add in olive oil and lemon juice.



Cheesy bread recipe will be listed separately.

No comments:

Post a Comment