Sunday, May 23, 2010

Sourdough Wagyu Shiitake Burger with Riccotta & Mixed Seafood Gnorcchi with Homemade Mayonnaise

Did someone actually said our local super market has gone fancy? I think they have... I found some wagyu shiitake burger patties and thought, not bad, I wouldn't really buy wagye to make beef patties, might as well give it a try... but how...

Then Saturday morning, when I was baking my usual sourdough ciabattas, I had an idea... instead of having the bread rolls for brekky, I will leave them for lunch...

So here it is...

The bread, sourdough ricotta and banana bread (only one banana shared by 4 loaves so not really strong at all)
The pattie, Wagyu Shiitake - I didn't make the pattie so I can't claim the fame there.
The topping: Ricotta cheese with lemon zest, olive oil and minced kalamata and sundried tomatos; sun dried tomatoes, Italian parsley.

Something really simple, tasty, and not heavy...
Saturday dinner, we had "make yourself Sushi", little snack pack sushi sheets from Korean shops, and sushi ingredients, avacado, eggs, fish, cucumbers and sushi rice, the family pick up and roll up their own handrolls and had fun, and we also had this, Mixed Seafood Gnocchi with Home made Mayonnaise.

Seafood mix from the local fish monger wasn't really that hard to poach, a big of sea salt flakes, a bit of pepper and a bit of white wine and lemon juice is all what it needs, added a bit of gnocchi as I thought some one in the family might not like the idea of sushi handrolls, so this one can be a meal on itself...

The home made Mayonnaise is a must to make this whole thing alive... I must say I did use extra bit of Dijion, the rest, is just lemon juice, a bit of garlic, eggs and olive oil... The iceburg is the best to mop the plate clean...

No comments:

Post a Comment