Thursday, May 13, 2010

Pizza Tonight.....

Pizza tonight...
I started to make pizza because family loves it... and I started to make them using bench top pizza ovens and pizza stones... but sometimes I do get lazy and just use the normal pizza trays... like today... and I can do 2 pizzas at the same time, one for children, one for the adults...

One day my dream will come true - a wood fire oven in the back yard baking pizzas, ciabattas and baguettes and roasting on the sides...
Anyway, I chose to use my sourdough starter again for the pizza dough, takes longer but hey, a bit of preparation is not too hard.


I've decided to make a bit thicker for the children because sourdough base, will taste nicer if it's a bit thicker, and not paper thin...
My pizza dough is a bit like the ciabattas I made yesterday, but only 1/3 of olive oil and more whole meal flour - I think I can hide the healthy fibre under the toppings and the children won't notice!
This is the base before the topping was added on....
This is the topping for the children, simple smooth tomato base, tasty cheese and honey leg ham...
The pizza for the parents are traditionally (our family tradition) a lot busier. Hubby loves a lot of toppings and I found some button mushrooms, semi sundried tomatos, some home grown capsicum and a red onion... I prefer to use salamis or other cured meats on my pizzas because they don't have so much juice to make the base soggy... ah, and the cheeses, mozerella at the bottom and little marinated bocconcini balls... some home grown basil, mint and oregano.....

I'm trying to make the oven as close to the pizza ovens as I can get, and I cranked oven to 230C....
After 10, 11 minutes, this is what the children's dinner look like


and the parents....



and I'm leaving the cutting of the pizzas to hubby....


2 comments:

  1. Thanks! the trick is high heat... as high as possible.. Our oven is too high, unless hubby helps me with the pizza stone, I won't be able to reach, it's bit heavy, could be better if I can use the stone!

    ReplyDelete