Sunday, May 23, 2010

Drunken Hock....

My first time to make the drunken hock... so far, happy with it, although there are mistakes.


I cooked the cleaned fresh pork hock in a brine made up from sichuan pepper corns, cinnamon, five spice, shaoxin, ginger, garlic and salt, for a little bit over an hour, enough for the pork to get some gelatine happenning.


Then took out the bone, wrap up with muslen cloth and wrap up with twine.


Soaked in a mix of shaoxin wine and Vodka (it's not really authentic isn't it, but I needed a strong acoholic kick)....


This is what it looks like after 2 nights, an easy dinner for Friday night when there was no time for cooking at all, just cut it up and plate it up...
But, I must admit this is not actually how it suppose to be done, I might do it again soon and post a proper one hehe...

No comments:

Post a Comment