Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Strawberry Cinnamon Ice Cream....

I've been thinking about making ice creams for a quite while, and even got a small ice cream maker.  But never did much.  I have been reading some lovely ice cream blogs from Cherry Teacakes and decided, it's time for me to have a go as well...

I've got some strawberries in the fridge, so I thought, why not. 

It's a pretty lay back version of making some ice cream, the end result is good.  I guess I will make more ice cream and sorbet this summer.

Strawberry Cinnamon Ice Cream


1 punnet – 250g strawberries
1 cup sugar
300ml thick cream
100ml milk – full cream
2 eggs
1.5 tsp gelatine
1 cup water
1 tbp ground cinnamon


Whisk eggs till light and fluffy.
Simmer the strawberries, sugar and water in a pot to make coulisse.
Sift coulisse, push the strawberries through sift.
Add gelatine to coulisse once cooled a bit.
Add cream and milk to eggs and whisk well to mix.
Add cinnamon and the coulisse.
Mix well and put the mixture in a freezer friendly container, in the freezer for an hour, and then bring it out and put it in the ice cream maker to finish the process (my ice cream maker is not big, so needs a bit of help, some other ice cream makers, you don't need the freezer.)

1 comment:

  1. I love homemade strawberry ice cream. What a great idea to spice it up with cinnamon. Looks yummy!
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete