Friday, September 17, 2010

Another Sourdough Bread - Rye Falafel Sourdough

There're some nice mid-eastern grocery shops around where I live, and I often find bits and pieces there - and one of the shops have got some really nice Falafel Mix that I buy sometimes.  When the rest of the family are having Schitzels, Steak and Chops, I often make up a pattie for myself and for just one person, it's hardly worthy to make falafel mix from scratch - unless I can be bothered washing up, cleaning all the time or make enough to freeze...


Anyway, my excuse of buying pre-mixed quick fix stuff, but this batch is pretty good.


And when I was making my sourdough breads, I was thinking, why not use some of the mix and give it a bit of kick...  So there you go....


Felafel Rye Sourdough Baguettes
100g Sour dough starter – 100% hydrate
1 tbsp salt
220g water
250g bread flour
100g rye flour
50g dry felafel mix (mix of ground chickpeas, chickpea flour, onion powder, garlic powder, coriander powder, sesame seeds and dry parsley)
1 tsp ginger powder
1 tsp all spice powder
2 tbsp polenta
50ml Olive Oil


Mix all ingredients and knead well.
Knead for 6 minutes and stand for 30 minutes, repeat 6 times. The dough should be pretty wet, but will be able to knead to elastic through the process.
Add olive oil around the bowl and cover with damp cloth to prove until double sized.
Shape dough and roll into rectangle sheets, roll up like scrolls, and cut slits on top.


Proof again till dough in size or more.


Bake in 230C oven for 20-25 min.

No comments:

Post a Comment