Monday, September 6, 2010

Some Random Cooking...

Been doing some thing pretty random last couple of days, in regards to cooking..  Tried a few recipes and bits of this and that...

Totally random - as the teenager Bianca would say :)

I tried some sourdough breads - well, I make sourdoughs several times a week, that's the only bread I'm eating, whole meal sourdoughs, this one is not whole meal because I've decided to try out the 3:2:1 dough, which is 300g flour, 200g water and 100g 100% hydrate starter, the bread was good, but I miss my whole meal flour and other bits and pieces...


I did some Peking sauce spare ribs - nothing special, just feeling like doing something really easy and hmm... take away style, I am getting lazy.

I did my version of Har Mee (prawn noodles) today with Hokkien Mee (noodles) and curry prawn bisque (sounds weird, but I did use rice wine for the bisque and seasoned with curry powder for the Har Mee) and some how hubby reckons it's very "Noodle Box"...  Really can't be bothered to take a photo of the noodles.

Roast pork in master stock.  But I wasn't really happy with it, it's only for hubby and I hate pork personally myself.

Father's day brekky, the normals, scrambled eggs, toast with home made banana bread (yeast bread not the normal "cake" style banana bread) and home made marmalade, grilled tomato, bacon, mushrooms...

So the highlight for last weekend's cooking, apart from the big cake, it was actually the calamari rings and chips... I used eggs and self raising flour for the batter, coat it with bread crumbs made from my sourdough  loaves and they were crispy & crunchy even when they were cool...

Well, guess I might be qualified for a local takeaway joint...

No comments:

Post a Comment