Friday, September 3, 2010

A Simple Ricotta Cake with Walnut, Torta Di Ricotta

Well, maybe another day, I'd do things different because I will make a proper short crust pastry base.  I guess rushing is not good for cakes...

I used biscuit base this time, and not so impressed - for a quick Torta, it's not bad, but I think I have just reminded myself why I haven't been buying biscuits and cookies?

Torta Di Ricotta – Simple Version



150g sweet biscuit, scotch fingers, short bread etc
50g butter
500g ricotta cheese
Juice of 1 lemons
Zest of 1 lemon
200g sugar
3 eggs
250g mascarpone cheese
1 tbsp Marsala
1 tsp vanilla essence

Method


Crush biscuit and butter, cover the lined 20cm spring form tin.
Put it back in fridge, chill to set.
Separate eggs and leave them in room temperature.
Whisk egg whites, till light and fluffy and add sugar, gradually, form a firm meringue.
Whisk all the cheeses in a separate bowl, with egg yolks.
Add lemon zest and juice, and marsala and vanilla essence.
Fold in egg mixture with the cheese, fill up the spring form.

Bake in 190c for 50 minutes and then cool, and leave in fridge over night to set.


No comments:

Post a Comment