Now I'm not sure where this recipe is really from, but I liked Luke Nguyen's mud crab in Sate Sauce and this is adapted from that...
1 Mud Crab
2 tbsp tapioca flour
¼ cup vegetable oil
1 knob of ginger
Karfir Lime Leaves
1 Lemon Grass
3 garlic cloves,
2 long red chillies,
1 big onion
1/3 cup dried anchovies & mussel, soaked in hot water
1 tbs raw sugar
2 tbs Shaoxing wine
2 tbs light soy sauce
Lemon juice and coriander leaves, to serve
1. Clean and cut mud crab in chunks – chill in freezer for half an hour.
2. toss in tapioca flour and fry in pan till half ready.
3. Blend onion, garlic, chillies, shallots, mussels and anchovies etc in blender to make paste.
4. Heat oil in wok, add paste.
5. add crab, wine and light soy. Extra water if needed. Add sugar.
6. add a bit of lemon juice, toss in coriander leaves and serve.