Last day of the Kinder, Monique had a picnic with her teddy bear.... and she was suppose to bring a special treat to share with teddy, the the night before, I made these, used SR flour so it's not as hard for the little teeth...
190g SR Flour
1 tsp Vanilla Essence
Zest of half a lemon
60g dark chocolate chips (more if desired, or just use chopped dark chocolate)
1 egg – lightly whisked
2 tbsp milk
5 tbsp castor sugar
1. Pre-heat oven to 190C, line a cookie tray.
2. Sift flour into a big bowl add sugar and mix well.
3. Melt butter and add to flour mixture, and mix well
4. Add Lemon Zest, egg, dark chocolate chips and milk and form a soft dough
5. Shape into 1.5cms in diameter small round pieces, and place evenly on cookie tray, leave enough space as they will become bigger.
6. Bake for 15-18 minutes until golden. Cool on rack.