Sunday, June 20, 2010

My First Danish...

Definitely not sure what I was thinking... after so many croissants, I decided to make danishes because Bianca forgot to bring her croissants back home...
I used the easy croissant recipe, which is similar to rough puff pastry with yeast.
The method is to mix the yeast with some warm milk and small amount of butter and some sugar and add some flour to make a very runny batter. And then add it to the main batch of flour and cubed cold butter that's the size of peanuts.
No need for needing, just form the dough and leave in the fridge for over night to proof.
And the next morning, cut the ball in 4 portions, flatten them, and lay them on top of each other, and roll them out.
Fold like normal croissant doughs, and chill in between folds.

I was just after simple shape so I cut them into squares and just fold the fruits in. There are not a lot of fresh fruit in season these days so I just grabbed a tin of peach and mango in natural syrup, add in sugar and reduced the sauce to thicken.

But somehow, after the egg wash, they didn't want to stay put. and they all openned up in the oven like this.... grrrr.... But they do taste good all the same, but next time, I will practice on the shapes and probably put creme patisserie on as well...

No comments:

Post a Comment