Tuesday, June 15, 2010

More Croissants, More Cookies....

Okay, I won't be baking croissants for at least 2 more weeks...

This batch came out nicer though, I did let it stand for a bit longer - 2 hours rather than the 45 minutes with the normal recipe I use, and they did come out a lot puffier...


As much as I love them for brekky, I must admit they have added something to my waist line
and this week, our brekky will be sourdough buns with polenta, parmesen....

From croissants to ciabatta, with sunflour seeds, parmesen and polenta...
But I did made something to sweeten up the family....


Sofficini Portoghesi....
from the magazine I got,
it has got:
90g sugar
150g unsalted butter
2 egg yolks
grated zest of a lemon
220g plain flour and a pinch of salt...
It's really easty, cream sugar and butter, beat in egg yolks one by one, add lemon, sift in flour and salt together, form the dough and chill for an hour in fridge, cut into shapes and there you go.. very yummy cookies and simple!


No comments:

Post a Comment