Sunday, August 28, 2011

Chocolate Ginger & Peach Pudding / Cobbler

It was a warm pudding we made a couple of weekends ago, after our normal Saturday roast dinner.  Just like all things, the renovation and the flu and cold in the family had the best of me, and I haven't been doing much cooking and updating on the blog in the recent weeks.  Updating things slowly.


I made a ginger bread peach cobbler using one of the recipes from Super Food Idea's Magazine, a simple food magazine with a lot of easy everyday recipes.   This chocolate Ginger & Peach pudding / cobbler is just the adaption from that.

Chocolate Ginger & Peach Pudding / Cobbler
50g Dark Chocolate (Lindt's 70% Cocoa with Ginger)
50g Milk Chocolate
2 eggs
1 tbsp good cocoa powder
150g sour cream
200g SR flour
1/2 tsp bi-carb soda
100g room temperatured butter
150g brown sugar
1/2 tsp ginger powder (The ginger flavour from Lindt's is pretty strong, if use normal dark chocolate, use a bit more ginger powder)
815 can of sliced peaches

Cream butter and sugar.
Beat in eggs, one by one.
Melt chocolates with sour cream, let it cool to room temperature.
Mix the wet ingredients together, mix well.
Sift in the dry ingredients.
grease a baking dish, I used my 10" ceremic quiche dish.

Put in the peach slices (drained syrup).

Spoon on the batter.  Bake in 190C oven for 30 - 38 minutes, dust with icing sugar.

Spoon out and serve with fresh double cream.

2 comments:

  1. Wow what a wonderful cobbler! I was a little bit afraid you would use fresh peaches, but when I say you had canned ones I got all happy. I have a can of peaches…I can totally make this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! Looks wonderful. Never had anything named 'cobbler' and I def have to try it!
    Pozdrawiam!
    Anula.

    ReplyDelete