Friday, May 20, 2011

Semi Sourdough Pain Viennois

Since I make white sandwich loaves every week, I do decide to use different recipes so it's more interesting for me - the bread maker.  I don't think the little people who use them in school lunches really care how I've made them...


Semi Sourdough Pain Viennois

1 Egg
30g butter
50g 100% hydrated sourdough starter
2/3 teaspoon yeast
150ml milk
300g bread flour, plus a bit extra to dust
1 tablespoon sugar
1 pinch of salt

Whisk the egg, leave a bit out for egg wash.
Warm up the milk and activate the yeast.   Set aside for it to froth.
Flour sugar and salt, rub in butter, add in yeast mixture and sourdough starter.
Knead dough till elastic, set to proof till double the size.

Shape dough, and wait for the second proofing the finish.  Brush on egg white.

Bake in pre-heated 200C oven for 30 minutes.

Slice up, perfect for making school lunches.

No comments:

Post a Comment