Sunday, June 20, 2010

Moroccan Bunny with Herb Pizza, Curry Chicken Pie with Sour Cream Pastry

Some winter dishes I did last week.
We decided to give the bunny a try. Marinated in Moroccan spices - garlic, chilli, cumin, cinnemon and negmet, diced onion and olive oil over night.
Pan seared in olive oil and then in the casserole dish in 200C oven for 1.5 hours, I added bacon to add a bit of fat for the dish as the bunny was very lean.
I made a thick crust sourdough pizza with just broccocini and dried herbs to go with the bunny... This was a quick meal the next day. I still have a bit of puff pastry left from the other night and was left in the freezer. And I would like to try out Maggie Beer's famous sour cream pastry, so I rolled out some sour cream pastry for the bottom of the pie, threaded some roast chicken breast (left over from the lunch the day before) and cut up some mush rooms, and some onions, added some cream and some mild curry powder (I do keep some pre-mixed curry powder in the pantry for a quick meal) and topped with the rolled puff pastry. Applied egg wash.


And it's such a winner in cold winter nights! Maggie beer's sour cream pastry is so easy! This is her recipe...
http://www.abc.net.au/tv/cookandchef/txt/s1878855.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment